Our Top 10 Travel Tips
Travelling to new places is very exciting; you get to explore new sights, taste authentic cuisines, meet new people and experience a different culture. Whether travelling for business or pleasure, here are 10 tips to make your travel as enjoyable and as hassle-free as possible.
1. Before your date of travel, take some time to research about the place that you will be going to. Find out the local means of transportation, exchange rate, the weather, the address of your country's embassy and contact details. Also, find out about local laws regarding dutiable items if you are carrying liquors or cigarettes.
2. When you're packing, make sure to take your medications with you.
3. Be sure to have all your travel documents ready, passport, visa, ticket, boarding pass and IDs. Your passport should have a validity of 6 months from the date of your return. Put all your travel documents in a small bag such as belt bag to avoid losing or misplacing it.
4. Before you leave, leave your contact information to somebody at home; address and phone numbers of the hotel that you are staying in so you can be contacted if the need arises.
5. Check in for your flight early. Most airlines start operating their check in counters at least 2 hours before their flights.
6. Never leave your things unattended as they will be removed by the airport police. See our guide for recovering lost baggage.
7. Never carry bags or articles that do not belong to you. They might contain items that will get you in trouble with the law like drugs.
8. Don't even think of making any bomb jokes inside the ferry terminal, airport or plane. You will surely land in jail if you do.
9. Change some money into local currency before you depart and keep it in an accessible pocket or bag.
10. Know your weight and size limits for your luggage. Wheeled cabin bags are your best bet for hand luggage.
Bonus. Enjoy! No matter the purpose of your travel, the most important thing is you have fulfilling new experience.